Public Health

Rock Falls Office:
1300 W. 2nd Street Rock Falls, IL 61071

WIC/Family Case Management:

WIC (Women, Infants and Children) is a federally funded supplemental food and nutrition education program intended to improve the nutritional status of eligible pregnant, postpartum, and breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to the age of five. To qualify, participants must live in Whiteside County, meet federal income guidelines, and have medical and/or nutritional risks that the WIC foods may help improve. Supplemental WIC foods may include milk, eggs, cheese, tuna, carrots, dried beans, peas, peanut butter, cereal, juice, or iron-fortified infant formula. Family Case Management (FCM) is a program designed to help women and children get off to a healthy start…and to stay healthy. At the heart of FCM is an emphasis on obtaining recommended well child examinations (check-ups), medical screenings, and immunizations.

Affordable Care act Health Coverage:

WCHD staff educates, counsel and assist the community in enrolling in expanded Adult Medicaid and obtaining health coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace. An adult no longer needs to have children or be disabled to receive the Medical Card as eligibility is based solely on household income. The Health Insurance Marketplace offers private health insurance and financial assistance to help purchase health insurance.

Immunizations/Lead Screenings/School Physicals/Flu Shots:

Monday-Friday 8:00AM-4:00PM both appointments and walk-ins are available. Previous immunization records are necessary and a parent/legal guardian must sign a consent form. Please call for detailed information of the schedule of immunizations and for special appointment consideration. Law requires a lead screen before admission to preschool or kindergarten.

Communicable Disease/HIV:

Communicable Disease Staff investigate and track all infectious diseases that are identified in the Communicable Disease Codes of the Illinois Department of Public Health. Reports of such diseases should be reported to the health department. Confidential HIV and STD testing and counseling is offered to at risk people.

Morrison Office:
18929 Lincoln Road Morrison, Il 61270


Enforcement Department that oversees the State and Whiteside County Environmental Code enforcement of food service establishments, private and public water supply and private sewage systems, as well as tanning and body art facilities. Environmental staff responds to nuisance complaints, oversee the vector control program and provide mortgage loan evaluations. Environmental staff also does daily landfill inspections for the County. See the Documents and Forms Tab for the Environmental Code, applications, and fee schedules.

Upcoming Events

Show Full Calendar