Job Opening: Behavioral Health Therapist LCSW Hours: 80 hours/pay period
Reports to: Behavioral Health Coordinator Deadline: March 26, 2021
Duties for this position include:
- Provide and document a professional behavioral health assessment and evidence based treatment for each patient at initial appointment and document subsequent progress notes in the appropriate format.
- Work with other health providers and staff to manage and coordinate the patients’ needs in a caring, responsive, coordinated, comprehensive manner.
- Complete necessary continuing education to fulfill licensure requirements.
- Provide constructive suggestions and recommendations to supervisor to improve overall clinic care.
- Conduct community education groups as assigned.
- Work with pediatric population.
- Provide and document a brief, professional behavioral health, alcohol and substance abuse assessment, using evidence-based screenings and treatment for patients in the medical clinic; provide appropriate referrals; and document subsequent progress notes in the appropriate format.
- Participate in informal chart audits and peer review for continuous quality improvement.
- Communicate with supervisor regarding caseload, procedures, difficulties or other pertinent information.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and ensure appropriate release of information when approved by the patient.
- Communicate with Psychiatrists, Primary Care, and community professionals, both internally and externally, to assure integration of behavioral health for the realization of patient treatment needs.
- Master’s Degree or Doctorate in Social Work or Counseling or Psychology, and Licensed in State of Illinois
- Complete proficiency using Microsoft Office Programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Some evenings required
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and be friendly toward coworkers and clients.
- Must be able to compose and dictate concise records.
Must have a positive attitude, strong, steady work ethic, ability to maintain confidentiality, and ability to multi-task and prioritize. Must be detail oriented, and demonstrate the ability to follow established processes.
Whiteside County Health Department is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Submit resume to Human Resources by March 26, 2021
815-626-2230 ext 1442