Job Opening: Behavioral Health Therapist Hours: 80 hours/pay period
Reports to: Behavioral Health Coordinator Deadline: August 6, 2021
Duties for this position include:
- Conduct behavioral health screenings and clinical assessments, develop and implement individualized treatment plans and document progress notes in the electronic health record.
- Provide individual therapy services in a professional, warm and compassionate manner with fidelity to an evidence-based theoretical orientation.
- Maintain timely and accurate documentation.
- Implement safety plans and mandated reporting as necessary.
- Establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with patients and staff.
- Maintain compliance to HIPAA policy.
- Participate in chart audits and peer review for continuous quality improvement.
- Complete required training and continuing education to fulfill licensure requirements.
- Offer evening availability for therapy appointments.
Qualities, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in providing therapy to children and adolescents.
- Training and experience in providing trauma-based intervention.
- Competency in assessment and diagnosis across the lifespan, treatment planning and providing a broad range of evidence-based psychotherapy interventions.
- Communicate and collaborate well with others.
- Have a positive, optimistic, kind and compassionate personality.
- Be proactive, energetic and flexible.
- Be willing to jump in and help others and genuinely participate as a colleague.
- Have great organizational skills and be able to work independently.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field.
- Clinical Licensure in the State of Illinois: LCSW or LCPC
Whiteside County Health Department is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Submit resume to Human Resources by August 6, 2021
815-626-2230 ext. 1442