Job Opening: School-Based Clinical Therapist
Reports to: Behavioral Health Coordinator
Hours: 60 hours/pay period with potential to increase
General Summary of Duties:
The School-Based Clinical Therapist will work with school staff and Whiteside County Community Health Clinic staff to manage and coordinate individual, family and community behavioral health needs for people of all ages in the Whiteside County Community Health Clinic service area in a caring, responsive, coordinated and comprehensive manner. This position will conduct and document a comprehensive behavioral health assessment for each patient, provide evidence-based screenings and treatment for patients in school system and at the Clinic and conduct appropriate referrals specific to each patient. The Therapist will provide constructive suggestions and recommendations to improve overall school-based behavioral healthcare and conduct community education groups.
- Master’s Degree or Doctorate in Social Work
- Currently Licensed in the State of Illinois
- Experience with school-based counseling services preferred, but not required
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills with patients and staff.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and maintain good working relationships toward coworkers and clients.
- Ability to compose and dictate concise records.
Must have a positive attitude, strong, steady work ethic, ability to maintain confidentiality, and ability to multi-task and prioritize. Must be detail oriented, and demonstrate the ability to follow established processes.
Whiteside County Health Department is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please submit resume to Human Resources