We Are Hiring!
Job Opening: Communication Specialist
Hours: Part-time, 20-25 hours/week
Duties for this position include:
- Write clear and concise communication materials and documents;
- Assist in identifying available grant funding and help research, write, proofread and edit grant proposals, including summaries, conclusions and organization credentials;
- Maintain proficient knowledge of organization’s history and programs;
- Provide administrative and project support for a variety of programs;
- Meet deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review and approval and coordinating requirements with other contributors;
- Work closely with the Public Information Officer and with IT on website development and updates;
- Improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach and coordination.
- Ensure all materials and documents uphold and promote the integrity of the WCHD and ensure consistency in language, format and message;
- Identify target audiences and create strategies to engage them and address organization needs;
- Develop marketing materials and manage social media to support organization objectives, address community needs and ensure consistency and accuracy of public information;
- Collaborate on large- and small-scale marketing projects;
- Prioritize projects and tasks from start to finish and utilize a variety of marketing channels to ensure wide-spread reach of messaging.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Business, Marketing or related field preferred.
- Two (2) or more years related office experience, medical office setting preferred.
- One (1) or more years of experience in communications, marketing or public relations.
Must have a positive attitude, strong, steady work ethic, ability to maintain confidentiality, and ability to multi-task and prioritize. Must be detail oriented, and demonstrate the ability to follow established processes.
Whiteside County Health Department is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Submit resume to Susan Gillespie, Human Resources Manager, by February 19, 2021
815-626-2230 ext. 1442