Job Opening: Maintenance Worker
Reports to: Director of Facilities
Hours: 30 hours/week
General Summary of Duties
The Maintenance Worker shall maintain the Rock Falls Clinic, Morrison Environmental Health and Animal Control buildings and grounds so the facilities are kept clean and in good repair. This position will also assist the Director of Facilities with projects as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Previous maintenance experience, preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to drive both day and night
- Must be able to work outside, rain or shine, hot or cold
- Skill in the use of hand tools and operation of maintenance equipment
- Ability to perform arduous physical labor including but not limited to lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, climb ladders, bend or crawl into awkward spaces
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships and communication levels
Must have a positive attitude, strong, steady work ethic, ability to maintain confidentiality, and ability to multi-task and prioritize. Must be detail oriented, and demonstrate the ability to follow established processes.
Whiteside County Health Department is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please submit resume to Human Resources