Job Opening: Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
Reports to: Director of Behavioral Health
Hours: Full-time, 80 hours/pay period
General Summary of Duties:
The Nurse Practitioner will improve the mental health of Whiteside County and surrounding areas by assessing, diagnosing and treating individuals experiencing symptoms of a behavioral health disorder in an outpatient setting. This position will prescribe, recommend or discontinue drugs and treatments to treat mental, emotional or behavioral disorders in accordance with the Collaborative Practice Agreement and Illinois’ Nurse Practice Act.
- Masters of Science in Nursing, with a Psychiatric/Mental Health emphasis, from an accredited college or university
- Must be licensed as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) by the Illinois Board of Nursing
- FNP Certification in the State of Illinois, preferred but not required
- Three (3) to five (5) years of clinical experience, preferred but not required
- Superior analytical and problem solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in documenting into an electronic health record
Must have a positive attitude, strong, steady work ethic, ability to maintain confidentiality, and ability to multi-task and prioritize. Must demonstrate the ability to follow established processes.
Whiteside County Health Department is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Submit resume to Human Resources
815-626-2230 ext. 1442