Job Opening: Nurse Practitioner
Hours: Full-time, 80 hours/pay period
General Summary of Duties:
The Nurse Practitioner will improve the health of Whiteside County and surrounding areas by helping families avoid communicable disease and preventable causes of disease and illness through the administering of preventative and acute care services, immunizations, family planning, case management and counseling. Acting as an independent healthcare provider working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary health team, the nurse Practitioner is responsible for providing comprehensive care to both well and ill patients. This position will educate patients and/or their families in order to promote wellness, prevent health problems, prevent unintended pregnancies, maintain current health and intervene in acute or chronic illness.
- Successful completion of an accredited Registered Nursing Program (RN) and Advanced Nurse Practitioner (APN) requirements
- Current State of Illinois Registered Nursing license and licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner
- FNP Certification in the State of Illinois, preferred but not required
- Three (3) to five (5) years of clinical experience
- Superior analytical and problem solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in documenting into an electronic health record
Must have a positive attitude, strong, steady work ethic, ability to maintain confidentiality, and ability to multi-task and prioritize. Must demonstrate the ability to follow established processes.
Whiteside County Health Department is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Submit resume to Human Resources
815-626-2230 ext. 1442